Our client is a steadily growing luxury accommodations, tours and travel Company, and they seek to recruit a dynamic and self-motivated Reception Officers to be based in Mombasa, Nairobi, Meru, Nakuru, Eldoret, Narok and Kisumu. As a Receptionist, you will be the ambassador of our company’s first impressions on the guests and visitors. It will be your foremost responsibility to compassionately greet all incoming guests, visitors, and members, help them with directions or any appropriate information that they need while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Title: Reception Officer
- Providing administrative support to a department or office location.
- Provides support for reception and guest services, mail services, phone, meeting rooms and location services.
- Receives and directs incoming calls to appropriate personnel and voicemail.
- Greets and announces clients, applicants and visitors.
- Follows security procedures for recording guests, suppliers and other visitors.
- Convening & servicing meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions)
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems
- Handling correspondence before and after meetings
- Ensuring policies are kept current, are approved, and that all employees are aware of their implications.
- Managing office space/premises
- Administering pension schemes and share issues
- Coordinating procurement of insurance services as well as managing the administration of the same
- Overseeing and reviewing the execution of contracts and other legal agreements between the company and external entities.
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers
- Maintaining current awareness about company law.
- Arranges escorts as needed.
- Issues visitor passes and validates parking.
- Assists with scheduling and preparing meeting and conference rooms.
- Coordinates setup of conference/meetings rooms.
- Arranges for and reserves projectors and other meeting equipment, ensuring equipment is in good operating condition.
- Arranges video and/or web conferencing as needed.
- Coordinates catering for meeting and events.
- Secures approvals for catering expenses and review invoices to arrange billing to appropriate department or business unit.
- Performs general clerical duties associated with distributing office faxes, packages and mail as required.
- Uses tracking systems to record inbound and outbound courier and mail. Meters mail.
- Arranges messenger service as needed.
- Follows location security procedures for screening inbound deliveries.
- Orders office supplies and other common use items for the location, such as café supplies, equipment toner, printer paper, freight and shipping supplies etc.
- Maintains neat appearance reception area, conference rooms café and other common areas.
- Requests building and housekeeping services as needed.
- Periodically inspects common area equipment to ensure good operating condition.
- Arranges equipment service as needed.
- Maintains records and logs of service requests and tracks their status.
- Maintains a file of services including transportation sources, accommodations, and referral contacts.
- May arrange convenience/hospitality services for guests such as transportation, tickets, reservations, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a college certificate/diploma is required. Degree an added advantage.
- Prior front desk, reception, customer service or other hospitality experience preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor with a strong, professional customer service orientation.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires basic analytical skills.
- Ability to work flexible work schedules based on office needs.
- Client Service orientation
- Data entry skills
- Listening skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Judgmental skills
- Motivation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Effective time management
- Attention to detail and Analytical
- Good Interpersonal relationships
- Ability to Multi-task
- Ability to write, think and work quickly without losing focus
- Passionate in a Client services environment.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification, experience and enthusiasm, please proceed to apply as follows:
- To apply, click this link: https://safaristar.net/app/21
- The closing date for this vacancy is: April 6, 2020.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis to fill this position as soon as possible. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via the email address provided in the CV. Safari Star Tours and Travel Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer (Equal Opportunities Act, 2007).