Our client, an NGO whose work includes a focus on the relationship between values, culture, rights, and health, is looking to hire a Program Officer, who will oversee the next phase of their medicine wheel and related programs as well as assist in decision making, bringing ideas and enthusiasm, integrity and humility to their exciting set of initiatives.
Title: Program Officer
Gross Salary: Competitive
- Create a strategy for the next two years and beyond.
- Identify, recruit and build an advisory council made up of passionate and experienced thought leaders in traditional knowledge systems, and create ways for this group to help direct our efforts
- Continuously review program plans and goals and help the team to collectively contribute their best
- Conceptualize and host events and gatherings in Nairobi and other decentralized areas which include; organizing peace and elders gatherings, organize song circle trips to schools and communities, facilitate conversations, ensure documentation of activities,
- Oversee logistics and liaise with relevant parties for travel and activity implementations, e.g. local chiefs.
- Conduct a team capacity needs analysis and design a process for up-skilling
- Conduct periodic evaluations on team performance and provide guidance on their learning and development
- Develop and implement the documentation and communication strategy for our work
- Lead in the design of a process to organize our current archive
- Establish new relationships with other parties who are interested in preserving indigenous wisdom and promoting peace and health through culture, in Kenya and beyond
- Participate in re-establishing women councils in communities to promote gender inclusivity and include women’s voices in promoting indigenous culture and traditions
- A Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field
- Any other training related to indigenous knowledge will be an added advantage
- Possess enthusiasm to manage a team, coaching and motivating them to achieve set goals and supporting them in building their skills
- Ability to develop and manage program budgets; at least 50,000 USD a year, and can allocate and reallocate funds as needed
- Able to demonstrate experience in planning and hosting complex gatherings and are an excellent convener or are interested in developing into one
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understand how to navigate different communities, engage diverse age groups in a deep and meaningful way.
- Have experience in proposal and report writing
- Possess a strong team spirit, an openness in sharing and in inclusion
- Able to demonstrate transparency and accountability
- Possess excellent written & oral communication skills.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification, experience and enthusiasm, please proceed to apply as follows:
- Email your CV (only) to email@example.com
- Quote Program Officer in the Email Subject line.
- The closing date for this vacancy is: March 11, 2020.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis to fill this position as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via the email address provided in the CV. Integrity Staffing is an Equal Opportunity recruiter (Equal Opportunities Act, 2007).