Our client is a medium sized tours and travel company in Nairobi. They seek to hire a tour and travel manager who will customize and handle end to end tour booking and offer client support in terms of providing the necessary travel requirements and arrangements.
Gross Salary: 80-120k
- Design flexible tour packages, excursions, safaris and other related services in regards to tours to meet the needs of different clients
- Create and sell innovative inbound and outbound tour packages to meet market demand
- Maintain and organize airline contracts, keeping them up to date
- Research and constantly source for interesting product packages to meet consumer demands
- Check and process ticket re-issue’s and fare calculations
- Ensuring airlines fares are loaded correctly and liaising with airlines to rectify
- Respond to enquiries regarding hotels & safaris within 24hrs
- Prepare itineraries to the various destinations of interest
- Keep clients up to date with changes in the travel industry
- Ensure payment for each tour booking is received in advance or proper authorization is received from a corporate prior to credit sale
- Create contact with hotels, car hire, sightseeing attraction and other service providers for best competitive contract rates
- Making follow-ups on tour quotations
- Ensuring that tours quotations are competitive as well as terms & conditions
- Arranging to see vehicles (and if possible be accompanied by customer reps) before start of service to ensure quality and minimize customer complains
- Tourism Management Degree / Tours & Travel Degree / Business related degree
- MUST have at least 2 years’ experience as a tour consultant / manager.
- Experience in liaising with international travel agents / partners
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Self – motivated, Confident and outgoing personality
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- A Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent networking and prospecting skills.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification, experience and enthusiasm, please proceed to apply as follows:
- Email your CV (only) to email@example.com
- Quote Tours and Travel Manager in the Email Subject line.
- The closing date for this vacancy is: March 13, 2020.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis to fill this position as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via the email address provided in the CV. Integrity Staffing is an Equal Opportunity recruiter (Equal Opportunities Act, 2007).