Title: Debt Collection Officer
Department: Call Center
Reports To: Team Manager
Our Client is a leading Credit Management Firm in Kenya and the larger East African region. They seek to hire a Debt Collection Officer to ensure timely collection of outstanding debts as per agreed terms and limits.
- Perform various duties on assigned accounts such as recording, verification and validation of customer’s details as received from Clients.
- Advise customer on ways of clearing their debts while communicating with them on the importance of paying their debts and consequences of non-payment.
- Act as a mediator for disputes between customers and principals/Clients
- Locate and notify customers on defaulted accounts by mail, telephone, or scheduled visits in order to ask for payments
- Deliberate with customers by telephone or in-person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the credit terms for easier settlement of debts.
- Initiate the clearance process on cleared debts once you receive payment proof and have the same uploaded by the relevant department.
- Provide customers with their correct account details e.g. balances, account numbers etc.
- Maintaining data integrity and keep customer details confidential.
- Attend to customers during scheduled/unscheduled meetings.
- Record information about the financial status of customers and status of collection efforts in the company’s system.
- Respond to all correspondences e.g. e-mail, telephone, postal mail.
- Organize, manage and implement the most suitable debt recovery method and techniques. Negotiate credit extensions if and when required.
- Preparation of reports as required.
- Possession of a Diploma in any field from a recognized institution with at least 1-2 years’ experience in Collection/Credit or Sales and Marketing environment (Diploma (Banking/Credit management background will have an added advantage)
- Strong analytical power, good problem-solving skills and ability to work under immense pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to manage stakeholders. ·
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is a must. ·
- Computer literate & English proficiency.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification, experience and enthusiasm, please proceed to apply as follows:
- Email your CV (only) to email@example.com
- Type Debt Collection Officer in the Email Subject line.
- The closing date for this vacancy is: January 10, 2020.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis to fill this position as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Integrity Staffing LTD is an Equal Opportunity recruiter (Equal Opportunities Act, 2007).