Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of edible oils, detergent, and soaps based in Nairobi. They are seeking to hire a head of planning in Supply Chain.
The candidate will be responsible for creating a feasible supply plan driven through interpreting differentiated planning strategies, satisfying customer requirements, optimizing stock and asset.
Title: Head of planning
Industry: FMCG, Manufacturing
Location: Athi River
Gross Salary: 80-100k
- Derives Finished Goods (FG’s) stock policy using inventory planning models by stock holding location and determines gross requirements by distribution center or market
- Understands warehouse and transportation capacity planning as well as customer requirements in the short term (e.g. Lead time/min max stock)
- Understands and influences the planning parameters (In-House and External) and assumptions e.g. changeovers, stock-building, warehouse Constraints etc
- Develops and implements the run strategy, Creates and understands rough cut capacity plan (RCCP)
- Creates cost contingency plans and scenarios, supported by the Finance team
- Communicates the Master Production Schedule and consequences to the business
- Optimizes and communicates the line schedule taking into account sequencing
- Creates feasible production schedules, considers constraints, e.g. line capacity, labour, batch sizes, run rates, bottlenecks, planned downtime
- Understands difference between re-order point and fixed cycle scheduling, and when to apply the relevant strategy
- Executes agreed manufacturing run strategy and updating the bill of material in system
- Influences the safety-stock holding of suppliers for Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
- Managing Inventory Planning, Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), Material Call Off
- Ensure of production compliance on the SOPs of operation process and usage of material
- Conducts effective dialogue on assumptions and articulation of facts and evidence
- Optimizes production and inventory to deliver the demand plan
- Negotiates and influences the decision making process and raises future capacity and stock issues
- Understands and manages the functional and individual biases
- Determines and agrees key outputs e.g. constrained supply plan, cost supply & inventory plan
- Determines continuous improvement plans and raises for discussion in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting
- Managing the end of month stock take and to be carried as per the SOPS
- Bachelor Degree in supply chain, materials management, industrial engineering or other business related field. Masters is a plus
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Supply Chain Management
- At least 3 years of experience in production planning/ Master production scheduling/ capacity management in FMCG companies
- Must be familiar with OPM/ERP systems and PP/MM modules in sap
- Familiar with creating dashboard report in excel and other software
- Preference to Supply Chain Professionals/ CPIM holders.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification, experience and enthusiasm, please proceed to apply as follows:
- Email your CV (only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quote Head of Planning (80-100k) in the Email Subject line.
- The closing date for this vacancy is: February 23, 2020.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis to fill this position as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via the email address provided in the CV.
Integrity Staffing is an Equal Opportunity recruiter (Equal Opportunities Act, 2007).