Our client, a multinational company that operates in Kenya, with turnover in millions of dollars and directly employing thousands of employees on its payroll, is looking for a Junior Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will be hands-on in business analytics to facilitate decision making and work on the value drivers for profitable growth. He/she will be involved in monitoring end-consumer prices, prices to trade and will partner with the Sales and Marketing Team to optimize trade and marketing spends as well as being the focal point for the business in generating avenues for cost savings and revenue optimization.
Position: Junior Financial Analyst
Salary: Confidential; competitive
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Do financial and commercial analysis in the business.
- Working closely with the Head of Finance and the Head of Business, checking & assessing the value drivers and developing business analytics to facilitate decision-making.
- Work closely with the Financial Accounting Group to provide standard costs and also to understand actual cost movement, inventory adjustments, inventory losses, overhead variances, etc.
- Carry out a critical analysis of the business results and functional costs and review performance against the Annual Operating Plan.
- Experienced in carrying out a financial evaluation of investments and also help in supporting businesses with various trade-off decisions.
- Conduct / facilitate monthly business reviews with various Value Stream Management Groups/ Functional leaders and drive alignment on all key business KPIs.
- Monitor profitability of various brands, sub-brands and also initiating proposals for timely price increases.
- Responsible for strategic planning of the business and preparing long term financial projections for the individual value streams.
- Responsible for preparing presentations to the Foods Leadership Team and also to the Board.
- Closely oversee the cash generation in the business and influence the business in tightly managing working capital for the business.
- Be involved in negotiating commercial terms with external business partners.
- Responsible, along with the Head of Operations / Functional Leaders for driving strategies in manufacturing and supply chain and will support the business in addressing long term overheads and cost structure for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject. MBA Finance is an added advantage.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Chartered Accountant CPAK – ACCA preferred.
- Experience in the food industry, but we will not screen out on industry in this search.
- Preferable have been involved in working with Tier 1 ERP (SAP, Oracle) systems.
- Experienced in making presentations and possesses excellent working knowledge of Advanced Excel / PowerPoint (presentations).
- Experience of working in businesses (minimum Turnover of kes 100m) will be important and the mindset to be part of the growth story.
- Able to appreciate the transactional aspect of financial accounting while having a very strong commercial skillset.
- A strategic and analytical thinker with strong project management skills.
- Very strong communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills and the ability to garner respect at all levels.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification, experience and enthusiasm, please proceed to apply as follows:
- Email your CV (only) to email@example.com
- Type Junior Financial Analyst in the Email Subject line.
- The closing date for this vacancy is: January 26, 2020.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis to fill this position as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Integrity Staffing LTD is an Equal Opportunity recruiter (Equal Opportunities Act, 2007).