Our Client, a leading agricultural service Company, is looking to recruit a Logistics and Customer Service Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of shipping routes and delivery, specifically with regard to customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate must have good knowledge of the import and export process.
- Assist in maintaining and coordinating the smooth running of logistics within the company.
- Application for and keeping clear records of import permits and phytosanitary certificates for various sample types.
- Following up with the clearing agent(s) on the custom and clearance process of all samples/equipment.
- Liaise with key government institutions to create strong relations that inspect, approve and issue relevant import and export permits.
- Coordination of collection of samples from key clients in Kenya in Nairobi.
- Tracking of shipments (samples) leaving or getting into Kenya from other countries and ensuring successful delivery to the lab.
- Coordination of shipments of samples from various countries to Kenya and to external labs locally and abroad.
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders.
- A diploma in supply chain, logistics or a related field.
- Must at least 1 year of experience in the logistics industry.
- MUST have good knowledge of the import and export process.
- Must be deadline oriented.
- Outstanding team motivation skills.
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset.
- A team player with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification, experience and enthusiasm, please proceed to apply as follows:
- Email your CV (only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type Logistics Assistant (30-40k) in the Email Subject line.
- The closing date for this vacancy is: January 26, 2020.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis to fill this position as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Integrity Staffing LTD is an Equal Opportunity recruiter (Equal Opportunities Act, 2007).