Our Client is a restaurant based in Nairobi. They seek to hire an experienced barista who will be tasked with preparing and serve hot and cold beverages, including various types of beverages.
Title: Restaurant Barista
Gross Salary: 20k-25k
- Preparing grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, preparing items for waiters to serve customers.
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Packaging food and beverages for sale.
- Cleaning and restocking work areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality.
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, or behind the counter.
- Working as part of a fun, high-energy team.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls company rules and regulations.
- Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
- Certificate or Diploma in a relevant field
- Experience in food and beverage preparation or customer service preferred.
- Training and willingness to continue learning about food and beverage preparation.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Ability to walk, stand for extended periods.
- Availability to work around peak hours, including nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- A polite, engaging personality.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence.
- Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification, experience and enthusiasm, please proceed to apply as follows:
- Email your CV (only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type Restaurant Barista in the Email Subject line.
- The closing date for this vacancy is: February 2, 2020.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis to fill this position as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Integrity Staffing LTD is an Equal Opportunity recruiter (Equal Opportunities Act, 2007).